United Way of Horry County files free tax return
United Way of Horry County collaborates with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) to provide free tax preparations for you in 2023.
VITA assistance is available to individuals or families earning an annual household income of $60,000 or less. In order to receive tax assistance, filers must:
- Schedule an appointment by calling 211 (appointments available late January 2023)
- To file taxes on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present
- Present photo ID for you and your spouse
- Present Social Security cards for themselves and all dependents
- Present all wage-determining statements (W-2, W-G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- Provide Interest and Dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Present an Individual Tax Payer Identification Number (ITIN) and proof of foreign status (if applicable) Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- Present Economic Impact Payment and Child Tax Credit Letter received from IRS
- Present a copy of last year's state and federal returns (if available) Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- Provide total amount paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number Present Forms 1095-A, B, and C, Health Coverage Statements
To schedule an appointment call 2-1-1 or 864.382.3326.
Visit Free Tax Preparation - United Way Horry County to learn more.